PDF Maker Frequently asked questions
- Please Deactivate your License key before migration
- Disable our module from Module Manager
- After successful migration to latest vtiger CRM version, our extension is disabled
- Go to Module manager
- Find our PDF Maker extension and enable it
- Download our compatible release version with your vtigerCRM version from our download center
- Upgrade our extension using Modul Manager and follow installation steps
- In case of some problem with license key, click on “Reactivate license“ button. You will be requested to insert your license key and your license should be reactivated
Error – mPDF requires mb_string functions. Ensure that PHP is compiled with php_mbstring.dll email@example.com
PDF maker uses MPDF as PHP class to generate PDF files from HTML. MPDF requires the mb_string module to be enabled (see http://uk.php.net/manual/en/ref.mbstring.php) which means that PHP>=4.3.0 will be required as a minimum, and PHP 4.3.0 to 4.3.3 need –enable-mbstring=all. For Windows users: Enable the extension(s) in php.ini you want to use by uncommenting the extension=php_*.dll lines in php.ini. This is done by deleting the leading ; from the extension you want to load and restart Apache. http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.extensions.php
// change the following line from …
// … to
Please check your php variables. Our recommendation:
- PHP up to 5.6 (we do not recommend PHP 7 because vtiger is not fully compatible with PHP 7 and you can have more issue with using)
- max_input_vars 6000
- max_execution_time 30000
- memory_limit = 512M
- post_max_size = 128M
- max_input_time = 120
Your extension will continue working without problems, but you won’t get support or updates.
With membership/subscription you will have access to latest versions of PDF Maker for all vtiger version 5.x, 6.x, 7.x (in future 8.x, and higher). One license key works for all version of vtiger. If you decide to upgrade your vtiger you can use your license key without purchasing new key.
We use mPDF framework as HTML to PDF convertor. mPDF supports Truetype fonts, reading and embedding directly from the .ttf font files.
How to easy add new fonts
- Upload the Truetype font file to the fonts directory (/PDFMaker/mpdf/ttfonts)
- Define the font file details in the configuration file (/PDFMaker/mpdf/config_fonts.php)
- Access the font by specifying it in your HTML code as the CSS font-family
- To use the font with specific languages, you need also to edit the configuration file (/PDFMaker/mpdf/config_cp.php)
- Define the font type in the FCKEditor configuration file (fck_config.js)
With new vtiger CRM 6.x version files are:
and Fonts goes here:
More info about this: https://mpdf.github.io/fonts-languages/fonts-in-mpdf-6-x.html
To display Chinase characters please provide following steps:
- You need to download and install font pack from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows (on the bottom of that page).
- Change the parameter useAdobeCJK from false to true in the following file :/modules/PDFMaker/resources/mpdf/config.php
- Manual definition is now possible with HTML Tag. http://mpdf1.com/manual/index.php?tid=356
For global definition edit config_cp.php line 130 & 139 code from GB to BIG5
Since 31. May 2017, you will buy PDF Maker subscription with 1 Year support and updates (License is still not Time-limited. You can use your license as long as you want and need).
Also if you buy PDF Maker subscription you will gain access for all version of PDF Maker: it means one license is valid for vtiger 5.x, vtiger 6.x as well as vtiger 7.x.
Our customers who bought license with previous license agreement can download the latest version of PDF Maker for current version of vtiger CRM 5.x or 6.x from our downloading page for free as it was written in previous license agreement.
Please, change the memory of PHP to minimal 512M.
Yes, our PDF Maker is full Module Manager compatible, so you can install it without any problems and without overwrite any vtiger core files.
PDF Maker allows you to use all standard and all custom fields created with Layout editor.
The PDF Maker is extensions modul for vtiger CRM. You can upgrade it like other extensions thru Modulemanager. For more info please visit folloving url:
At the time our PDF Maker is compatible with vtiger CRM
6.1.0, 6.2.0, 6.3.0, 6.4.0, 6.5.0,